Flora and fauna

I struggle to grow hibiscus at home but look at this beauty with the red flowers above!
The bougainvillea are gorgeous most of the year in the tropics and are often seen alongside the highway growing up into the trees! Free spirits!

The little yellow bird was sitting outside our unit with his pals chirping away in the Plumeria! Tracy was trying to get a close up of some of the feathered flocks around here as well. The bottom photo is of plumeria flowers. Most of them have shed their leaves right now with only a few flowers here and there.

When we arrived at the Honolulu airport, Joanne and I headed for the ladies facilities and when we came out Tracy presented us both with lei's of tuberose and orchids. They are beautiful and very scented! I will try to get a photo to post. I told Tracy and Joanne I wanted to get lei'd under a palm tree in Hawaii! Sorry....the devil made me say that!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?