Bert and Ernie

I sometimes find new friends in the strangest places! My two newest friends I've given aliases of Bert and Ernie...not to cast aspersions on the other two from TV show, these friends are green with brownish spots on their backs and they are living on our balcony. They are geckos. There is a larger one I call Bert and the smaller is Ernie. Usually in the afternoon I like to sit on the balcony reading and I balance a glass of OJ on the wooden railing. Both Bert and Ernie are curious little critters and on this day I had also had something on a plate. I think they have super hearing because as soon as i put the glass up, there they are.

Usually I guard my juice, giving them the evil eye until it's gone. Then it's up for grabs if there is anything left over. Usually it is Bert who makes the advance, he comes over to investigate, eyes me up and down, ever at the ready to scamper off. He decided I was a 'friendly' and went to see if I'd left anything on the plate??? sorry Bert, I was hungry. So, poor Ernie dashes over but Bert's ever vigilant and whenever he gets near, Bert raises his head in gecko body language and tells him to bug-er off, then he is right back after the glass! scurrying up the metal railing! over to the rim of the glass now at the right height for getting in it, walks head downward to the bottom and enjoys his OJ reward. He really seems to like orange juice, may have to wean him off and try guava juice next time!

Comments

Liz said…
Bert and Ernie indeed. For a moment I thought you were talking about real human beings…ha ha you've cracked me up. Should I start reading from the top or the bottom?

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?