Cartegena Columbia

This was day 10 of the second part of my cruise from San Diego. It is hot and muggy. We arrived to CArtegena this morning and tied up at the same dock as last trip. I do not do well in those kinds of heat so opted to stay aboard. EVeryone else in family decided to go ashore to the little park at the entrance to the dock. This seems to be part of the Atlantic sides container depot. After a bit, my son came to find me and encouraged me to come ashore to see this park, so I did. Glad that I saw this. Parrots f all colours, iguanas, other types of birds, plants flowering in all their glory, black swans, flamingos and peacocks galore. This park was all free but you enter through a duty free shop! The trick is not to get caught up in the duty free shop!

Later we reboarded the ship and went to the pool and enjoyed the sun. When we went to change to bathing suits I was a little slower than the others, so when I went back up top to the pool I was walking along behind the lounge chairs and spotted Paul, laying half in shade with sunglasses on. I wondered at the time where Rae and Josh were! Anyway, I quietly tiptoed up behind his chair and as I still had my camera around my neck, I sneakily started tickling his neck and arm with the camera strap. He looks up at me and I said, where is Rae? His response...do you mean Pete???? Crap, it wasn't Paul! I think I better get in to see an optometrist! I apologized and left quickly, needless to say I avoided the pool for a time, at least til I changed clothes so he couldn't identify me!

In one of the photos you can see buses lined up to pick up the offloaded passengers. Seemed to be a never ending line! Also, a container port here as well!

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL, hilarious...bet you got the heck out of there fast! It can be embarassing when you think it is someone you know and find out later it wasn't. The color of the birds is gorgeous!
canuck-girl said…
I can laugh about it now but you are so right, I escaped as quickly as I could after apologizing profusely! Lol

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?