Another beautiful day....

Woke this morning early and looked out on greyness and thought I was at home!  But as it turned to daylight, there it was, the palm trees, gently rolling surf and then the sun came cheerfully up over Moana Loa.  

Downtown Kona today was a nightmare trying to get through creeping traffic to Palani Road.  One of the reasons was a giant women's march about abortion.  Hundred and hundreds of marchers tying up cross traffic and part of the road closed off.  Eventually I got out of there as I was heading for Costco to get a roast chicken to have for dinner tomorrow night.  Ray and Michelle are arriving tonight on west jet.   I flew out here on Air Canada and my flight got in at 1:30in the afternoon.  Gave me ample time to get car organized, get a few groceries and get in and settled.   West jet on the other hand arrives with passengers at 10:45 and leaves with homeward bound passengers at 11:45!  😳

I bought myself a bunch of anthuriums, sometimes known as Flamingo lilies and sometimes called little boy flower!  First photo....
The photo of sun setting and the Kon Tiki type boat which goes by every evening.
Last photo, Josh and I at Outback Restaurant for steak night!  We also had the Blooming onion....really should not have had it, but so good!  We forgot to take a photo because we were hungry!






Comments

Barb and Ken said…
Enjoying your posts, it is like reliving our trip last year. We have not tried Splashers give it a go this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?