Mooloolaba

Here we are back in my favourite vacationing part of the world, Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia.  The sun shines, the  air is sweet and the scent of the ocean makes me feel right at home.  Did I say I love it here?  (Say Moo-loolaba with the accent at the end)

My very good friend Peter joined us for breakfast yesterday morning, provided me with a prepaid SIM card for my phone and loaded our luggage into his car and drove us here with a couple of scenic photo ops along the way for Josh, of the Gasshouse mountains.  After depositing us in our new abode he returned back to Brisbane and us to our new adventure!  As our room wasn't quite ready we grabbed a smoothie and took a walkabout.  Registered as visitors at the Surf Club RSL and found the Coles Supermarket.

When we were finally provided with room number and keys we entered our suite to a wonderful scent....my friends Ken and Meredith had been round and left a beautiful bouquet of pink stargazer lilies and two bottles of wine!  What a lovely greeting!  We are to be retrieved Friday night by them and taken round to friends I met the last trip for drinks.  The weekend is being described as 'touring us around to see the sights'. Depending on what that entails, I want to do a day tour with Josh to Fraser Island. It is a World Heritage Site, and just up the coast.  Another must on my list is a day at the Eumundi Markets.  Now,  that is fabulous and a shoppers heaven!

Before I forget, for those who don't know, RSL is the abbreviated Returned Servicemans League, very much in essence the same as our Legions.  They are located country wide, are for profit organizations serving not only drinks but meals and slot machines....pokies.  You must be a member or a signed in guest, or temporary permitted visitor.  Generally food is less costly than other foodie businesses and you can throw your change away in the pokies!  (Hey, it's for a good cause) but sometimes you win!  Wouldn't it be great if our Legions in Canada adopted this type of venue?  This one was packed!

We went back to Coles Supermarket with a short list of some supplies to see us through the next few days before we need return.  Josh and I have been eating very healthy meals and I think we have both lost a couple pounds.  He doesn't need to!  It's definitely been good for me.  We will enjoy some stir fries or spaghetti with garlic bread with Ceasar salad for the next two nights, then we will perhaps eat out a meal or two and lunches we can grab from many many places along the Esplanade.  I see a retail therapy day coming soon too!

This morning I rose just after 5 am and looked out to see the joggers and walkers and a few swimmers enjoying their exercise.  I went back to bed, one must become acclimatized before imbibing in these activities so quickly.  (Not a joke) Then I got up about 7 and the coffee/breakfast crew was out and about, along with a few more walkers and joggers.  Now I see folks arriving with beach gear in hand searching for that perfect spot to sun worship.  And so the day begins.  Photos to follow as a separate post of our suite - 2 bedroom, two bathroom with in-suite laundry and full kitchen, looking out from balcony towards the beach which is right 'there'!  We overlook the famous "Loo with a View"!  You can actually google it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?