Re: Waimea, Parker Ranch and Hawaii Bioreserve and garden

Sent from
Sandy's iPad


> On Mar 30, 2023, at 6:31 PM, Sandra Barton <sandrabarton@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> Before I begin, I'm piggybacking Internet off my cell phone as we have no wifi here right now! We suspect it could be due to some works across the street….so the blog post may or not go.
>
> This morning our destination was Waimea town and Parker Ranch. We were so disappointed. The Parker Ranch store is no more! Many changes to that mall now. All due to the pandemic! No tourists, and many businesses depended on tourism closed. It's all very sad! So we grabbed a couple sandwiches and drinks, filled the gas tank in the car and headed south to The Bioreserve! I have been several times and it never disappoints. This garden is on 37 acres and was privately owned and created before being donated as a non profit nature reserve. It is located at 27-717 Old Mamalahoa Hwy, Papaikou if anyone is planning a trip over. The photos here are all from Barb, thanks for doing them all Barb, I didn't take my phone with me!!!
>
> <image0.jpeg>
> <image1.jpeg>
> <image2.jpeg>
> <image3.jpeg>
> <image4.jpeg>
> <image5.jpeg>
>
>
> So I think I best end this for now. We returned to Kona. I'm the Saddle Road in the misty rain! Hope everyone is good 'over the water'. Bye for now!!!
>
>

Comments

Wendy said…
Hi Sandy, sad to hear these tourist places close down but glad your day turned out well. Looks like you’re having technical difficulties are ongoing. We can’t see Barb‘s pictures.😩. And we had a fabulous week of weather… 16 degrees!! of course it’s the start of the weekend and it’s supposed to be rainy all weekend! Had planned to have a birthday dinner with Carole tonight but it’s been postponed to April 14 so you can join us And we can hear about your adventures! And take care enjoy the rest of your days. Love, Wendy.

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Universal at Orlando