February already

My son and daughter in law left here on the 31st to return home so I was on my own for several days until my friend Val arrived at 11:05 pm on February 5th.  Photo #1!  All of my visitors have travelled by Westjet which means late arrival and later departures.  

So far since Val arrived we have done a little travelling and shopping and laying in the sun.  Not too much at a time though because the sun is very hot and close.  One day we went into Kona for lunch and were so pleased to get a table beachside when the wind came up and you could watch a squall coming closer.  It all happened very quickly and we all moved to the back of the restaurant while the shutters came down and it absolutely poured so hard the outdoors was almost invisible.  Then just like that it disappeared!  

Today my Aussie friends Ken and Meredith arrive so I will go out to the airport to greet them and provide a bag with wine, water, cracker and cheese and fruit.  They will have been travelling approx. 19 hours so they will be tired and not wanting to go shopping.

This morning I went up to the Keauhau shopping centre where a Saturday morning farmers market was going on and got a few bits of fruit.  It was a green farmers market with only foodstuffs.  

Oh I forgot, Thursday morning Val and I went to that same shopping Centre as they have a free craft morning and we learned how to make leis!  It was kind of cool.  Some Hawaiian ladies volunteer their time to teach this and they were fun talking to as well.  They supply the flowers, needle and string.  

Then last evening and all Friday nights from 6 to 7 pm there is some kind of Hawaiian song and dance group performing there.  A lady and her students from the north end performed and they were all girls dancing Hula with the teacher chanting or singing.  It was pretty fun.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?