Easter weekend in San Felipe..

On Saturday, Joanne and I went into San Felipe for the Samana Santa -Easter Celebration held every year. we heard 45,000 passed through the Malecon on that day. Saturday evening is the Religious parade but we didn't stay for that. People begin to arrive early in the week to claim. their tent space along the beach in front of the Malecon (which roughly means ocean front walkway). It was a real festival atmosphere! People of all ages, bands playing, rock music blasting out Spanish rock music, police presence everywhere and people just generally having fun. A very large group of motorcyclists also showed up and were 'kicking tires' while visiting and admiring their bikes! Although there doesn't look like a lot of people milling about, there was, I just got photos for the most part zeroing in on my target shots! The streets are lined with vendors selling everything from juice, to Mexican fast foods, hats, clothing, pottery, toys, sunglasses and on and on. Walking past the food vendors was a mouth watering adventure!


I'll sift through my other photos and see what Else I can post. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter break!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such beautiful, colourful photos and my goodness, I would just be in heaven passing all those Mexican food vendors, Mexican is my absolute favourite cuisine! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?