Luau

Last evening my cousins went to the Luau at a local resort....the same one I had attended in January with my grandson Josh. Friends from Australia had arrived for a weeks vacation on Sunday so while my cousins were at the luau, I visited with my friend at her room which looked right down on the luau grounds. We caught up on each others families and friends and sipped wine while we watched and listened to the music and dances. It was a lot of fun because this gave a different perspective on the luau. The pit where the pig is roasted is called an Imu or earth oven. We watched as they dug away the soil heaped over top, then peeled away the coverings and banana leaves to where the pig was unveiled inside its wired case. The Master of Ceremonies directs the participants by table to the all you can eat buffet which can feature all sorts of meats and seafood including the roasted pork, salads, vegetables and desserts. Once the meal has been served, dishes are cleared away for the show to begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?