BIG surf today

We woke to light rain and grey skies this morning. As the day has progressed it has rained all day, sometimes heavy. The waves crashing in on the beach are spectacular. I'm judging some of them to be 10 to 12 feet high. It almost gives you a feeling when you are standing on the beach looking at the height of the waves of what it must be like if a tsunami is coming in at you! Fascinating! Many experienced surfers out today.

Today being so wet we did what most other folks seemed to be doing....we went shopping at Costco! Lots of little Keiki (kids in Hawaii) out and about with their families too!

I forgot to tell you about our shopping at the Kings Marketplace the other day. There was a Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton store, and other higher end shops. Joanne and I left Tracy sitting in the Courtyard under a palm tree and we decided to go into Tiffany's and just browse the jewelry. The sales lady was very nice and let Joanne try on a diamond encrusted ring or two. I was just about to go grab Tracy's credit card for her, and I said, was it $25,000? No, $32,000 she said with a gleam in her eye......well, that's what we would tell Tracy...I mean, you never know if something else might jump out at us!

When we went into the Louis Vuitton shop we asked the price range of purses and the gentleman said they range in price from $1,000 to $10,000. Well, the $10,000 one they could just keep, it was made of snake skin and I don't care to touch snakes!!!

Next we went to a coach store and I thought of my daughter in law Rae who I think has a few coach purses. Sigh, saw some really lovely ones, softest pale blue deer hide leather...only $475. Cheap when you look at the Louis V ones! Too bad I'd just bought a new leather purse in Keauhou or I may have been tempted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?