Greetings from the land of aloha...

Yesterday we had to be out of the condo for several hours while the carpets were cleaned.  We caught the Hele On bus which was air conditioned and rode out to a mall where we wanted to have a look around.  That is to say, Joanne and I both looked around and both made a few purchases while Tracy manned a chair by the door and read.  We later wandered over to the Target store and then to the International Marketplace where we caught the trolley back to White Sands.  We had late lunch, early supper at the mall enjoying a hamburger from Island grown beef along with some fries.  Something we haven't had in awhile.  Our fat quota for the month!!

When we returned,  the carpets were almost dry and the place smelled nice and fresh.  We donned bathing suits and headed off to the pool for a refreshing dip.

Bert the gecko is becoming braver and braver now that he knows we won't try to grab him.  He is also becoming a tad demanding by showing up earlier and earlier for his orange juice!   I watched two geckos the other day facing off.  I do not know if it was a romantic exercise or a threatening to fight one, but both started waving their tails around at each other, feinting at each other and then one would rush off!  I'm not 'up' on gecko stuff!  They do seem to keep bugs in check.

The other day I went into my bathroom to have a bath and there was a very large bug crawling on the floor...where the heck is Bert and his buddies when you need them?  Anyway, this bug was bigger than them.  It was a cockroach which is fairly common here.  I fetched it up with a dustpan and flushed it.

Speaking of bugs....the other morning I sat down in one of the patio chairs and as I leaned back I felt this sudden sharp sting on the back of my shoulder.  I reached back and scraped what I thought was a small bug of some kind, then stood up and a poor little honey bee was pushing itself around in circles on the floor.  The honey bee stung me and I felt badly because once they sting, unlike wasps and hornets ( which can sting repeatedly), honey bees die because their stinger is left  behind.  There are several beekeepers on the islands and true strains of honey bees so far not afflicted with some of the ills of those on the mainland.  A dab with the roll on antiperspirant took away the sting!

Well, the sun is calling......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kauai Hawaii

Feet keep on walking more shopping to do

Do we ‘have to’ leave?